All of us would like to know exactly what we are putting on our bodies, right? Well, here is a breakdown of all the ingredients for Red Apple Lipstick’s “Brazilliant” lipstick.
I love these products! The lipstick is so moisturizing that my lips instantly feel better. On myself, I love the color brazilliant. In the description they say: “Each Red Apple Lipstick Product is hand crafted in the USA from the finest, highest quality materials available. Each lineup has a slightly different set of ingredients and all cosmetics are lab tested 100% gluten free.” I have been going gluten free myself in order to live a healthier lifestyle (because gluten causes sugar spikes and inflammation), so this was a perfect choice! Each of their lipsticks have a slightly different ingredient list to get the color and effect desired.
You can buy this product on the Red Apple Lipstick website, or through Amazon
Contains (As listed on the packaging):
* Helianthus Annuus – 100% pure organic cold pressed – Sunflower seed oil. Taken from the seeds of the sunflower, has more vitamin E than any other vegetable oil. Used as a skin conditioning agent, surfactant and viscosity increasing agent.
* Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax – wax obtained from the plant Euphorbia cerifera, which is a plant that grows in North Central Mexico and the Texas Big Bend area. Helps personal care products keep their creamy consistency and gives them structure by also allows a smooth application. Found in: cosmetics and personal care products, Beeswax and the plant waxes are used in the formulation a wide range of products including baby products, bath products, lipstick, makeup, fragrances, coloring and noncoloring hair products, nail and skin care products, personal cleanliness products, shaving products as well as suncreen and suntan products. Nontoxic
* Butyrospermum Parkii – Shea Butter. In it’s raw form it helps to boost collagen and repair skin. Rich in vitamin E and vitamin A. Shea Butter and the other ingredients made from the sheatree are used in many types of cosmetics and personal care products including bath products, cleansing products, eye makeup, lotions and creams, suntan products, lipstick and hair care products. Non toxic
* Synthetic Beeswax – nonspecified, mineral “synthetic” wax is derived from coal and shale. Paraffin and Microcrystalline wax are from petroleum. Used in cosmetics and personal care products. Deemed safe by the FDA.
* Titanium Dioxide – Naturally occurring mineral mined from the earth then purified to use in consumer products. Titanium Dioxide is used as an opacifying agent and a colorant. In OTC drug products, it is used as a sunscreen agent. Also FDA approved as a food additive.
* Manganese Violet – derived from manganese oxide taken from the earth. Sometimes can have trace amounts of heavy metals but the FDA has approved small amounts as they do not pose a risk to human health. Found in: makeup, hair coloring products, bath products, nail polish and skin care products
* Mica – naturally occurring group of silicate minerals. Used in cosmetics and personal care products for centuries. Tested for heavy metals, the FDA has approved small amounts, and is considered not to pose a risk to human health in these regulated quantities.
* Iron Oxide – naturally occurring mineral deposits. However, iron oxides used as pigments in many cosmetics and personal products are often synthetic because natural minerals can carry trace amounts of heavy metals.
All Natural Gluten Free – Soy Free – Corn Free Vitamin E Tocopheryl Acetate,
For a list of ingredients to avoid, click here.